With the latest Windows 10 update you may have noticed a sudden new addition to the taskbar. Some welcome this new change whilst others tend to feel it takes up too much space.
Upon clicking the button it actually opens up a box containing information like the weather, stock prices, the latest news and even traffic updates.
If these do not apply to you and you’re wondering how to get rid of this pesky bar, fret not as this guide will show you exactly how.
You can either:
- Remove the weather bar completely
- Remove the text to make the weather bar more compact
How to Remove Weather Bar From Taskbar on Windows 10
- Right-click on the weather icon on your taskbar
- Select “News and Interests”
- By default the “Show Icon and Text” is checked. Here’s where you can make your choice
- If you want to completely remove the weather bar – click on “Turn Off”
- If you want to show just the icon and remove the text – click on “Show Icon Only”
How to Enable Weather / News On Taskbar Again?
You never know how much you love something till its gone… If you’ve previously removed the weather bar and suddenly realize you need it back in your life don’t panic!
Here’s how you can do it.
- Right-click on any empty space on the taskbar
- Select “News and Interest”
- Select either “Show Icon and Text” or “Show Icon” based on which option you prefer